Monday, June 21, 2004

Money Money Money

One of the reasons I was attracted to working in the voluntary sector was that I imagined it would be full of people who shared a commitment to a cause and that charities would be good employers. I wasn't expecting to earn lots of money - but I did expect to be treated fairly. So why doesn't this surprise me?

Charities advised to review pension schemes
Charities should consider closing final salary pension schemes to new staff or freezing benefits as the crisis hitting corporate and public sector pension schemes makes itself felt in the voluntary sector, finance directors warn. The rest is here

I totally understand the need for charities to make sure their donors' money is spent wisely - but personally I'm getting sick of all the wage freezes, regular rounds of redundancies, not earning enough to even think about buying a house, and now... looks like I'll have very little pension to look forward to.

/rant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home