Monday, July 19, 2004

Damn Vases

I'm still recovering from my recent sign language exam. I thought I'd do OK - felt I had a good grasp of vocab and understood placement, directional verbs, etc. But on the day... part of the exam consists of a role-play where you have to converse with the examiner. Mine was to pretend we were in a shop and to make suggestions about what the other should buy. Well, it started well until the examiner said that she was thinking about buying a vase. At this point I was supposed to suggest something similar that she should buy instead, but I just careered along signing BIG BLUE VASES SECOND FLOOR! despite her protestations that she already had too many of them. NO - SECOND FLOOR. VASES! was all I could say. I await the result of my exam with trepidation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home