Sunday, May 01, 2005

Election bumf questions

Since complaining of not receiving much in the way of election literature, I've now received bumf from most of the candidates: Labour, Respec' and the Lib Dems. Nothing from the Conservatives though - are they even bothering campaigning here? It's been interesting to note that that the Labour communique was addressed to me while the Lib Dems pamphlet was addressed to my (male) flatmate. Is there some sort of segmentation along gender lines going on? Do the marketing gurus think that I'm more likely to vote for a laydee? A couple of months ago I received a letter addressed to me from Oona about the proposed cuts in fire engines at Bethnal Green fire station. Am i more likely to react to this than a chap would? Hmmm. Who are the other candidates that are standing? Will I receive any bumf from them?

I also see that Oona's website has been updated. The last time I looked here there was no mention of the election, but now here there's a whole lot of stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home