Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Books books books

I was sorting out some of my old books today, wondering whether to try and flog the ones I don't want anymore on amazon. I found a couple that meant a lot to me in my mid-teens. I think they had a big influence on me, definitely so in the earlier years. I used to read this kind of thing for fun!

They are playing a game. They are playing at not
playing a game. If I show them I see they are, I
shall break the rules and they will punish me.
I must play their game, of not seeing I see the game

from Knots

The other book was this. I always thought that if I had kids I'd send them to Summerhill!

I also keep thinking about Engels' book on the family which I can't remember ever owning, but I think I must have read it for A-level and found in it just what I was looking for to fuel my anti-family rants!

Although I think (maybe even hope!) I've mellowed quite a bit in my thinking since then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home