Sunday, May 15, 2005

Alleluia!

Well, still in my search for a church...
I've just been to Evensong at St Paul's. A bit disappointing really. It all seemed very removed from 'the people' and I hadn't heard of any of the hymns they sang - although, if you like that kind of thing, the choir was excellent. They talked about the importance of not worrying and having anxiety over things - which is rather topical as this weekend I've been in a terrible state - teeth clenched, shoulders tight, heart pounding. But I do feel more calm now and will really really try to relax more.

An update on this... I did manage to make a visit to St James's about a month ago. I thought it was fine, although the 'C of E'-ness of it* made me a bit confused and the service seemed to go on forever. I'd happily give it another go though. Although I feel I ought to try some others first. I had planned to try the evening service here tonight, but it's apparently somewhere else today. Anyway, what's wrong with Bethnal Green methodists? (don't seem to have a website though!)

* oh, I know I know - what do you expect from a C of E church, eh?! It's just that it's been so long since I went to an anglican church (not counting cathedrals) that I'd forgotten it's differences with methodism. I was brought up in both traditions, although I tended towards the latter as I grew older. But since then I'd had it in my head that there wasn't much difference between the two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home