Thursday, May 12, 2005

At it again...

Well, would you believe it... I'm having trouble with my boss again. (See also here). I just had my 6 months probation meeting (hmm, it's actually 7.5 months since I started here... and I had to request this meeting) and she tells me that she wants to extend my probation period as she doesn't think I've performed well enough. She then went on to give really ridiculous reasons why she's doing this - most of which she seemed to be making up on the spot ('you haven't even done £40,000 worth of applications!' Er actually, I've done £101,000) and contradicted what she had previously told me. She also said that she doesn't think that it's her role to give me feedback from senior management meetings on any forthcoming projects I could fundraise for. Ho hum. SO... I've already been in touch with my union and I'm getting more advice tomorrow. But I don't think that I've got that many rights. A few months ago, I vowed that if I ever ran into trouble at work again (I hadn't thought that it'd be so soon!) I'd hand in my notice and go and do something exciting - then come back and look for a new job. The stress I had last year made me quite ill, although I think it's in my nature to fight injustice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home