Friday, July 15, 2005

Booted

Well, finally the day came and I got the not-so-golden boot. I can't really believe it. I'd completed all but two of my objectives (out of 20+). I was even feeling optimistic. This morning I looked at my job description - and I've achieved far more than is set out there. It's annoying that I don't have any employemnt rights, having been there less then a year. (I could only get them for racial or sexual discrmination) - which hasn't been the case).

Anyway, I went to my meeting and they basically questioned everything I said and turned things around to suit their aims. They even told me they didn't believe that I'd done all my work...! and questioned the facts I presented them with. Of course, when I told them to check with other people, they refused. But what they seemed most keen on was slagging off my personality. Apparently, no-one knows what to say to me and I have no communication skills. Instead of working towards my objectives I should have been running awareness sessions for all staff. This went on for 1.5 hours. I kept defending myself, but there wasn't much I could do pitted against 2 rabid senior staff. They even told me it was my fault that my boss left me out of meetings and made me cancel traing training sessions. "X is less experienced and younger than you!" is what they screamed at one point, referring to the interim manager. The only thing that kept me from walking out was that I probably wouldn't be able to sign on if I just left a job (how sad is that?!). So, the end of the meeting finally came and I had to give back my keys. To be honest, all I could feel was relief at the prospect at not having to work any more with such unprofessional managers, but it was also a bit of a shock.

I don't think I've said yet what sort of organistion I work for - well, it deals with anti-bullying, dignity at work issues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home