Thursday, May 19, 2005

Lacklustre

On from here and here:

Well... I went to see the woman who has personnel matters as part of her job description (y'see, a lot of charities don't bother having HR departments). I asked for everything I said to be kept confidential* and told her what my boss had said. She seemed OK and suggested that the trouble was that I don't shout about my successes so no-one really knows what I've been up to (so does this mean that my actual work is fine, just I need to do some PR on myself?). Then the next day I had a meeting with my boss about what I'm going to do for the next couple of months - most of it's OK, but there's a couple of things that will probably be impossible. I pointed this out, but she just denied this was the case. Also included in my targets for the forthcoming months are things I've already done (and shown my boss months ago). So I really don't know what's going on. Or what I can do about it - if anything. I spoke to my union representative, who said that probation periods aren't covered by law so there's not much they can do for me. To be honest, now I feel quite depressed and demotivated. I've drawn up a chart of my targets and will make sure they are ticked off in front of my boss when I achieve them to hopefully stop her pretending I haven't done them.

* and guess what, she told my boss everything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home