Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mugged!

I just don't believe it...

On my way to work, just across the road from home, I had my bag snatched by some hoodie girl. I could hear some footsteps behind me - they sounded rather odd, shuffling, but I presumed it was just someone behind me who couldn't walk very well. Next thing, I felt the strap of my bag grabbed from behind. I turned around, only to find a girl tugging my bag. My reaction was to pull it away from her, so there we were tugging my bag. A voice in my head kept saying to me, let it go, leave go, let her have it, you don't know if she's got a knife or anything. So I did, and she ran off the way she came. I think she got into a car which then drove off. I suppose they'd been waiting for someone to walk past them when the coast was clear and then pounced.

Not surprisingly, I was a bit shaken up. I get really suspicious and nervous of people who are behind me or who are passing me on the street now. I've also bought a money belt so I can share out my belongings between my bag, pockets and belt. (on the day it happened I had everything in my bag: keys, mobile, money, credit cards, etc).

I was impressed with the police response though. I thought they'd just take the details of what had happened and that would be that. But I had to go and look at some mug-shots of people known to them. Unfortunately none of them looked like the girl who robbed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home