Saturday, August 26, 2006

Let's go to Pluto... Oh.

Sad to hear of this:
Pluto loses status as a planet

Astronomers have voted to strip Pluto of its status as a planet.

About 2,500 scientists meeting in Prague have adopted historic new guidelines that see the small, distant world demoted to a secondary category.

The researchers said Pluto failed to dominate its orbit around the Sun in the same way as the other planets.


I used to want to be a space-explorer. I think it was something to do with being born around the time of the moon landing. I used to gaze at pictures of the solar system, and try and learn as much as I could about it. That all ended when I found out that you had to be good at physics to take my interest further. I just couldn't equate sitting half bored to death in physics class with the planets and stars.

Now I'm singing Let's go to Pluto from The Creatures' Pluto Drive. But it was too early to star in Holst's The Planets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home