Thursday, August 24, 2006

We'll be sinning/winning when we're...

A couple of months ago I went to St Paul's (oh, I know, how pompous... but it starts late and it's just down the road...) and the preacher (another reason is that they have a few youngish women priests, is that wrong?) mentioned the Sinner-Winner man. Basically he annoys her and he's got his theology wrong: God likes sinners (which is just as well!!) About a week later I heard that he'd been given an ASBO and had therefore moved from his usual Oxford Circus spot to Piccadilly. Today, I've just learned that there's a campaign to have him banished from his new pitch. I know he's annoying, but how boring everything would be if we didn't have a few characters around. It'd be like always being in an out-of-town shopping centre. Yuck. Anyway, there's an online petition here.

Blogging about sinning and winning has given me the earworm of the 'We'll be singing when we're winning' line from Tubthumping and now I'm sure there's also some Robbie Williams-related winning-sinning phrase. Here is it is. Oh such pun!! His new single's a bit shite though innit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home